Tuesday, July 3, APD arrested Travis Lee Alexander, 41 of Alma, for driving with a suspended driver’s license following a traffic stop for a cracked windshield. Alexander also had active arrest warrants through the Alma Police Department and the Bacon County Sheriff’s Office.
-----July 4th Arrests-----
APD arrested Beatriz Canelo-Soto, 27 of Alma, for driving with a suspended driver’s license and child restraint violation (2 cts).
APD arrested Michael Anthony Hart, 23 of Alma, for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and giving false name/information to law enforcement officers. Hart also had several active arrest warrants spanning from June 2017 to May 2018: Obstruction of law enforcement officers (June 2017); battery-FVA and cruelty to children-3rd degree (September 2017); and criminal damage to property-2nd degree (May 2018). APD also arrested Tatianna Mariea Wright, 32 of Alma, for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. Wright and Hart’s arrest resulted from a suspicious vehicle complaint at the Alma-Bacon County Recreation Department. Officers recovered a loaded .38 caliber handgun from the vehicle. Hart and Wright are both currently serving probated sentences for unrelated crimes.
Saturday morning, July 7, APD arrested Alexander Chandler, 48 of Alma, for burglary-1st degree. Officers discovered Chandler had several items on his person taken from a residential burglary on E. 12th St two hours earlier. Chandler was already wanted for two other residential burglaries which occurred on June 23 in the 200 block of E. 12th St. and the 400 block of E. 16th St.
- Alma PD announce last week's arrests, charges ranging from trespass to forgery
- Embattled Alma attorney Kenneth Futch jailed, released in Coffee County for allegedly providing a cell phone to an inmate
- Alma PD makes multiple arrests on drug charges, several arrests stem from traffic violations
- Alma PD investigating June 17 shooting, announce last week's arrests
- Alma PD announce last week's arrests, charges ranging from indecent exposure to drug possession