Coffee County Sheriff's investigators have charged a 34-year-old woman with murder in connection to the death of a toddler that occurred earlier this year.
Deputies responded to a residence off Ron's Lane just prior to 6 p.m., March 6, 2018, in reference to a two-year-old child not breathing. Coffee County detectives responded to the scene and initiated an investigation.
As a result of forensic evidence obtained through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation Crime Lab, detectives obtained arrest warrants against Amanda Jacobs Coleman of Coffee County for felony murder and cruelty to children. Coleman was taken into custody Monday afternoon and booked into the Coffee County Jail.
- Nurse at jail one of three arrested on meth, marijuana charges
- Officers discover 20 pounds of marijuana, make three arrests
- Authorities search for missing 16-year-old
- Detectives arrest three for Evans Grocery robbery in January
- County approves work on new subdivision, approves purchase of four vehicles for CCSO
Latest from Submitted
- Drug traffickers plead guilty to distributing crystal meth in South Georgia, including Coffee County
- Ruby Jean Henderson Yarberry
- Community mental health fair scheduled for May 18
- Students on Coffee Campus participated in Wiregrass scholarship signing day
- Water tower maintenance causes water discoloration