Officers from the Broxton Police Department made a huge drug seizure this past weekend.
Officers conducted a traffic stop and arrested Jerome Johnson of Broxton on the following charges: defective equipment (tag lights), suspended driver's license, felony possession of marijuana, possession of MDMA (ecstasy) with intent to distribute, possession of a controlled substance, hydrocodone, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, possession of a stolen firearm, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
“I am very proud of my officers and the great job that they do keeping these illegal drugs off the streets of Broxton. We are a proactive department and we will continue to serve the community in this way,” stated Broxton Police Chief Scott Harper.
- Child reported missing in West Green found safe
- Suspected dealer swallows drugs, slips out of hospital before officers get arrest warrants
- Traffic stop yields suspected marijuana, ecstasy tablets
- Two try to elude HEAT car, both arrested near Jeff Davis County
- Traffic stop nets two drug-related arrests
Latest from Staff Reports
- DyAnna Hayes competes for Miss Teen America crown
- Cops make arrest in July 4 double shooting
- Truck hauling allegedly stolen P&M trailer burns on I-10, driver arrested
- Unknown shooter wounds two on July 4, both transported to Savannah for treatment
- American Legion Post 515 brings home three awards from annual convention