Officers from the Broxton Police Department made a huge drug seizure this past weekend.
Officers conducted a traffic stop and arrested Jerome Johnson of Broxton on the following charges: defective equipment (tag lights), suspended driver's license, felony possession of marijuana, possession of MDMA (ecstasy) with intent to distribute, possession of a controlled substance, hydrocodone, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, possession of a stolen firearm, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
“I am very proud of my officers and the great job that they do keeping these illegal drugs off the streets of Broxton. We are a proactive department and we will continue to serve the community in this way,” stated Broxton Police Chief Scott Harper.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Marshall Mizell named Landstar's Rookie of the Year
- Portion Highway 158 to close for a year while Satilla River bridges replaced
- New shopping center: Tax allocation district is key
- Popular Christian retailer LifeWay to close stores, go entirely digital
- Douglas PD charges four in five different armed robberies in the city