Officers from the Broxton Police Department made a huge drug seizure this past weekend.
Officers conducted a traffic stop and arrested Jerome Johnson of Broxton on the following charges: defective equipment (tag lights), suspended driver's license, felony possession of marijuana, possession of MDMA (ecstasy) with intent to distribute, possession of a controlled substance, hydrocodone, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, possession of a stolen firearm, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
“I am very proud of my officers and the great job that they do keeping these illegal drugs off the streets of Broxton. We are a proactive department and we will continue to serve the community in this way,” stated Broxton Police Chief Scott Harper.
- Broxton PD officer fires at vehicle during chase, GBI investigating
- Jan. 3, 2000: Remembering Deputy Tub Merritt and Broxton PD Officer James Bryant
- Citizen complaints lead to drug arrest
- One-month-old girl seriously injured in domestic assault
- Douglas resident and cartel-connected illegal among those sentenced for drug trafficking