Larry Tyrone Webb, 40, of Douglas, has been arrested and charged in the double shooting that took place near midnight on Wednesday, July 4, according to a post made on the police department’s Facebook page Friday afternoon.
Officers from the Douglas Police Department responded to a call at 11:47 p.m. on Wednesday, July 4, in reference to a double shooting at 1303 South Gaskin Avenue. The two victims were Anthony Marby, 28, and Nancy Lindsey, 25. Both survived the shooting and were transferred to a Savannah hospital for treatment.
On Friday, July 13, officers from the police department, the Coffee County Sheriff's Office, and the Douglas-Coffee County Gang Unit found and arrested Webb at a residence on East Sellers Street in Douglas. Officers also executed a search warrant on Webb's residence located on East Ethel Street in Douglas.
Webb has been charged with three counts of aggravated assault, possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. He is currently being held at the Coffee County Jail. The investigation is ongoing and more charges are expected.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Popular Christian retailer LifeWay to close stores, go entirely digital
- Douglas PD charges four in five different armed robberies in the city
- GBI finds third body in missing persons case, also makes second arrest
- Two bodies found in Berrien County, believed to be two of three missing individuals
- Armed robbers hit three stores in two days, suspects remain at large