A Douglas police officer has been terminated after receiving a driving under the influence (DUI) citation last Saturday.
According to a press release issued by the Douglas Police Department, Jose Granados, a police officer, was arrested at the intersection of Highway 206 and Highway 32. The press release states that the traffic stop took place at 8:15 a.m. on July 21. Granados was charged with DUI – alcohol and open container violation.
After the incident, the police officials immediately placed Granados on administrative leave. After an investigation, officials terminated Granados’s employment.
- Fourth individual pleads guilty in phone scam operation
- Officers make arrest in Dec. 2 shooting
- One person shot on Roper Street, no arrests
- Jury convicts Derrious Carter on drug possession charges, sentenced to 11 years in prison
- Video: DPD, gang unit officers arrest Samuel Edward Jones for murder of Terrance Gibson