A Douglas police officer has been terminated after receiving a driving under the influence (DUI) citation last Saturday.
According to a press release issued by the Douglas Police Department, Jose Granados, a police officer, was arrested at the intersection of Highway 206 and Highway 32. The press release states that the traffic stop took place at 8:15 a.m. on July 21. Granados was charged with DUI – alcohol and open container violation.
After the incident, the police officials immediately placed Granados on administrative leave. After an investigation, officials terminated Granados’s employment.
- Detectives arrest three for Evans Grocery robbery in January
- Armed robbers hit three stores in two days, suspects remain at large
- DPD investigates two shootings, makes arrests in both cases
- Douglas police apprehend dangerous fugitive wanted in multiple counties
- Fatal In and Out shooting justified, no charges to be filed
Latest from Robert Preston
- Woody Folsom buys Coffee Chrysler
- Cops investigate Tyreek Hill for battery, no charges filed
- Video: SGSC theatre department performs for Rotary, club inducts two new members
- GSP releases reports in two recent vehicle v. pedestrian accidents
- Melinda McSwain denied bond, authorities learn new details in Sabrina Long disappearance