A Douglas police officer has been terminated after receiving a driving under the influence (DUI) citation last Saturday.
According to a press release issued by the Douglas Police Department, Jose Granados, a police officer, was arrested at the intersection of Highway 206 and Highway 32. The press release states that the traffic stop took place at 8:15 a.m. on July 21. Granados was charged with DUI – alcohol and open container violation.
After the incident, the police officials immediately placed Granados on administrative leave. After an investigation, officials terminated Granados’s employment.
- Officers respond to Friday shooting, suspect on the run and considered armed and dangerous
- Police department: No suspicious activity at local Wal-Mart
- Drug unit makes marijuana arrest Thursday on Walker Street
- Attempt to effectively micromanage the police department fails at commission meeting with 4-2 vote
- APD announce arrests for the week of August 20, charges ranging from loitering to DUI
Latest from Robert Preston
- City commissioner Kentaiwon Durham arrested, released after being cited for driving with a suspended license
- Appling High on lockdown after student shoots himself on campus
- County approves LMIG application for resurfacing, new paving projects
- Trojans end non-region schedule with 53-0 Homecoming win
- Ronald Elzie Mercer