A Douglas police officer has been terminated after receiving a driving under the influence (DUI) citation last Saturday.
According to a press release issued by the Douglas Police Department, Jose Granados, a police officer, was arrested at the intersection of Highway 206 and Highway 32. The press release states that the traffic stop took place at 8:15 a.m. on July 21. Granados was charged with DUI – alcohol and open container violation.
After the incident, the police officials immediately placed Granados on administrative leave. After an investigation, officials terminated Granados’s employment.
- Alma PD announce last week's arrests, investigating August 4 vehicle pursuit
- Interim Chief Pruette, Commander Perkins attend summer training conference
- Chief Brannen Pruette assumes role of interim police chief
- Unknown shooter wounds two on July 4, both transported to Savannah for treatment
- Alma PD makes multiple arrests on drug charges, several arrests stem from traffic violations