A Douglas police officer has been terminated after receiving a driving under the influence (DUI) citation last Saturday.
According to a press release issued by the Douglas Police Department, Jose Granados, a police officer, was arrested at the intersection of Highway 206 and Highway 32. The press release states that the traffic stop took place at 8:15 a.m. on July 21. Granados was charged with DUI – alcohol and open container violation.
After the incident, the police officials immediately placed Granados on administrative leave. After an investigation, officials terminated Granados’s employment.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Victim in stable condition, suspect apprehended following Tuesday night shooting
- Grand Jury indicts city employee, two others on bribery charges
- Roscoe Allen indicted on aggravated assault charges
- Stingrays win state championship for fourth time in six years
- O'Steen wins District 5 county commission election