Sgt. Christopher Cody Phillips was named Interim Chief of the Alma Police Department on Friday, August 10, 2018. Sgt. Phillips was the supervisor of the Crime Suppression Unit created by Chief Michael Leslie. Sgt. Phillips and the former Chief Michael Leslie previously worked together in the Douglas-Coffee Drug Unit, a division of the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office. Sgt. Phillips has 10 years of law enforcement experience.
- Fugitive wanted in Alma arrested by U.S. Marshals in Texas
- Nicholls PD, CCSO assist authorities from Bacon and Pierce counties in burglary case
- Alma Police Department looking for an accused child molestor
- Alma PD arrests Nicholls man following domestic dispute
- Alma PD, GBI, other agencies make arrests in murder case