Coffee County sheriff's investigators have arrested a 19-year-old man on aggravated assault and firearms charges following a shooting that occurred Sunday in the Oak Park community.
Deputies were dispatched to Coffee Regional Medical Center on Aug. 12, 2018, in reference to a victim with multiple gunshot wounds. The victim, a 26-year-old male, identified the shooter as Victor Badillo. He stated that Badillo approached him while he was walking in the Oak Park area, got out of his vehicle, and shot him. Another witness at the hospital corroborated the victim's statement.
Following further investigation into the incident, detectives located and arrested Badillo, charging him with aggravated assault, possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. He remains incarcerated at the Coffee County Jail.
- Three arrested after alleged failed burglary attempt
- Jacksonville, Fla., woman charged in attempted cargo trailer theft
- Sleepy Coffee County wakes to national spotlight with 2021 voting machine breach videos
- SWAT brought in to assist in Pearson standoff
- Convicted felon charged after firing gun, threatening to ‘disassemble their bodies’