Coffee County sheriff's investigators have arrested a 19-year-old man on aggravated assault and firearms charges following a shooting that occurred Sunday in the Oak Park community.
Deputies were dispatched to Coffee Regional Medical Center on Aug. 12, 2018, in reference to a victim with multiple gunshot wounds. The victim, a 26-year-old male, identified the shooter as Victor Badillo. He stated that Badillo approached him while he was walking in the Oak Park area, got out of his vehicle, and shot him. Another witness at the hospital corroborated the victim's statement.
Following further investigation into the incident, detectives located and arrested Badillo, charging him with aggravated assault, possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. He remains incarcerated at the Coffee County Jail.
- Shoplifting incident leads to multi-county chase, crash
- Alleged car thief leads officers on chase through Bacon, Coffee counties
- Domestic dispute erupts after wife finds husband at mistress's home, husband arrested on aggravated assault charges
- Another traffic stop, another meth arrest
- Douglas man arrested, released after allegedly hitting nephew with hatchet
Latest from Submitted
- Dr. Greg Tanner named Interim President of South Georgia State College
- City holds push in ceremony for new fire truck
- Middle school artists wanted for bookmark contest
- SGSC's Dr. Arlena Stanley selected to participate in USG's Executive Leadership Institute
- Clerk's Office announces new tool to monitor property and records activity