A Coffee County native is missing in South Carolina and authorities have labeled her disappearance as “suspicious.”
ABC News 4 in Charleston has both published and broadcast several stories regarding the disappearance of Tina Diana Snipes, 43, of Edisto Island, SC. Edisto Island is about four hours from Douglas and is located between Hilton Head and Charleston.
Snipes was last seen at the Horizon EZ Shop, a convenience store, at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 15. The store is located at 2410 Highway 174 in Edisto Island. According to the Charleston County Sheriff’s Office, detectives believe she disappeared under suspicious circumstances but authorities haven’t released any further details.
Snipes still has family in Coffee County and they would like for friends and acquaintances in the area to keep a lookout for her. Media reports describe Snipes as a white female, 5’3” and 113 pounds. She was reported missing from 7961 Maxie Road in Edisto Island. The last time anyone saw her, she was wearing a necklace, tank top, sunglasses, yoga pants, flip flops, and her hair pulled up in a bun. Her sister, Lisa Lott of Douglas, last spoke to Snipes on Tuesday, Aug. 7, via telephone.
If anyone has any information regarding Snipes’s whereabouts, please contact local authorities, the Charleston County Sheriff’s Office, or Crimestoppers of the Lowcountry at 843-554-1111.
- County approves LMIG application for resurfacing, new paving projects
- Alma police still looking for Willie Frank Wooden, suspect foul play
- Someone shot a trophy elk in Coffee County Sunday and left in a field to rot
- Elixir Extrusions announces second expansion in Coffee County
- Deputies make arrest in weekend shooting
Latest from Staff Reports
- Telfair, Coffee authorities search for West Green resident who allegedly vandalized a police car
- Sheriff's office makes drug arrests in two separate incidents
- Two Teens Killed In Saturday Accident
- Officers locate, arrest convicted sex offender
- Broxton man leads officers on high speed chase, eludes arrest -- temporarily