A Broxton man who allegedly led police on a county-wide high speed chase last Saturday escaped arrest.
On Saturday Aug. 25, multiple law enforcement agencies were involved in a high speed pursuit of a vehicle driven by 43-year-old Therios Anderson of Broxton. According to authorities, the chase went all over Coffee County and ended in Broxton. Anderson managed to elude officers that night.
On Thursday Aug. 30, Broxton police officers located Anderson, who admitted that he was the person driving the vehicle involved in the pursuit. Anderson was arrested and charged with failure to maintain lane, no tag lights, reckless driving, fleeing and attempting to elude officers, obstruction and switching a license plate with the intent to conceal identity. Anderson is currently being held at the Coffee County Jail.
- Traffic stop in Broxton yields drugs, guns
- Broxton United Methodist Church joins national trend, Blessing Box
- Broxton traffic stop results in arrest of person of interest in Douglas shooting
- Broxton PD makes traffic stop, seizes variety of illegal drugs
- Child reported missing in West Green found safe
Latest from Staff Reports
- Telfair, Coffee authorities search for West Green resident who allegedly vandalized a police car
- Sheriff's office makes drug arrests in two separate incidents
- Two Teens Killed In Saturday Accident
- Officers locate, arrest convicted sex offender
- Coffee County native disappears under 'mysterious circumstances' in South Carolina