A Broxton man who allegedly led police on a county-wide high speed chase last Saturday escaped arrest.
On Saturday Aug. 25, multiple law enforcement agencies were involved in a high speed pursuit of a vehicle driven by 43-year-old Therios Anderson of Broxton. According to authorities, the chase went all over Coffee County and ended in Broxton. Anderson managed to elude officers that night.
On Thursday Aug. 30, Broxton police officers located Anderson, who admitted that he was the person driving the vehicle involved in the pursuit. Anderson was arrested and charged with failure to maintain lane, no tag lights, reckless driving, fleeing and attempting to elude officers, obstruction and switching a license plate with the intent to conceal identity. Anderson is currently being held at the Coffee County Jail.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Killer remains at large following Sunday morning fatal shooting, reward offered
- Jameon Gaskin named Gulf South Defensive Freshman of the Year
- Samuel Reed, reported missing, has been found in Florida
- Vehicle strikes deer in the middle of town Monday morning
- GBI arrests Broxton woman in connection with disappearance of Macon teen in 1991