A traffic stop last Friday led to the arrest of one person on methamphetamine charges and another for a misdemeanor drug offense.
Around 5 p.m., Aug. 31, 2018, Coffee County K-9 deputies conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle for a motor vehicle violation. During the stop, officers observed drug paraphernalia and conducted a subsequent search of the vehicle.
As a result, officers arrested the driver, identified as Gregory Holllinger, for possession of methamphetamine. A passenger in the vehicle, Johnny Harp III, was also arrested for possession of marijuana - less than one ounce.
- City to participate in Mayor's Christmas Motorcade
- Killer remains at large following Sunday morning fatal shooting, reward offered
- Video: Citizens offer assistance to Douglas police officer bloodied during foot chase
- Here are a few local drug arrests over the last week
- Mayor's youth council is looking for members