Coffee County Sheriff's Office investigators have secured an arrest warrant for convicted sex offender Shamont Maurice Lowder for failing to maintain the requirements of his sex offender status.
Lowder is described as a 45-year-old black male, approximately 5'09", 185 lbs., with black hair and brown eyes. Anyone with information on Lowder's whereabouts is asked to contact the sheriff's office at (912) 384-4227 or the Coffee County E-911 non-emergency line at (912) 384-7675.
Lowder was convicted of child molestation in Ware County in 2007 and also has an active arrest warrant for violating the terms of his probation.
- U.S. Marshals, deputies arrest three in murders of Kristian Bell and Steven Ward
- City commission decides to re-interview all five police chief candidates
- Bodies of Kristian Bell and boyfriend found buried near Nicholls
- Willacoochee man killed in hit and run, suspect arrested
- Two arrested in church burglary