Coffee County Sheriff's Office investigators have secured an arrest warrant for convicted sex offender Shamont Maurice Lowder for failing to maintain the requirements of his sex offender status.
Lowder is described as a 45-year-old black male, approximately 5'09", 185 lbs., with black hair and brown eyes. Anyone with information on Lowder's whereabouts is asked to contact the sheriff's office at (912) 384-4227 or the Coffee County E-911 non-emergency line at (912) 384-7675.
Lowder was convicted of child molestation in Ware County in 2007 and also has an active arrest warrant for violating the terms of his probation.
- City to participate in Mayor's Christmas Motorcade
- Killer remains at large following Sunday morning fatal shooting, reward offered
- Video: Citizens offer assistance to Douglas police officer bloodied during foot chase
- Here are a few local drug arrests over the last week
- Mayor's youth council is looking for members