Earlier this week, the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office announced that the department was looking Shamont Maurice Lowder, 45, for failing to maintain the requirement of his sex offender status. Friday morning, officers located and arrested Lowder. He is currently being held in the Coffee County Jail.
Lowder was convicted of child molestation in Ware County in 2007. He also had an active arrest warrant for violating the terms of his probation.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Killer remains at large following Sunday morning fatal shooting, reward offered
- Jameon Gaskin named Gulf South Defensive Freshman of the Year
- Samuel Reed, reported missing, has been found in Florida
- Vehicle strikes deer in the middle of town Monday morning
- GBI arrests Broxton woman in connection with disappearance of Macon teen in 1991