Earlier this week, the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office announced that the department was looking Shamont Maurice Lowder, 45, for failing to maintain the requirement of his sex offender status. Friday morning, officers located and arrested Lowder. He is currently being held in the Coffee County Jail.
Lowder was convicted of child molestation in Ware County in 2007. He also had an active arrest warrant for violating the terms of his probation.
Latest from Staff Reports
- U.S. Marshals, deputies arrest three in murders of Kristian Bell and Steven Ward
- Chamber of Commerce names Coffee County School System its Community Partner of the Year
- Premium Waters receives Industry Partner of the Year Award
- Kayla Sellers: Small Business Partner of the Year
- David Varnedore receives Entrepreneur of the Year Award