Two teenagers were killed in a traffic accident that occurred on Saturday, September 8, after two vehicles collided at the intersection of Cross Road and the Broxton-Westgreen Highway.
According to local law enforcement officials, 18-year old Reba Marie Cremer and 14-year old Esteban Fernando Mazariegos, Cremer’s nephew, were passengers in a car being driven by Cecil Brad Harrell.
Harrell, who was driving with a suspended license, is alleged to have ran a stop sign at the intersection, and a truck being driven by Marcus Jones “t-boned” the car on the passenger side.
Tragically, Cremer and Mazariegos were killed in the crash.
Harrell complained of injuries and was transported to Coffee Regional Medical Center.
The accident is under investigation by the Georgia State Patrol and charges are pending, though it is known Harrell will be charged with Driving with a Suspended License and Failure to Yield at a Stop Sign.
Jones, and two other passengers in his vehicle, Gregory Peterson and William Denison, avoided serious injury.
Douglasnow.com sends prayers and condolences to those involved.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Popular Christian retailer LifeWay to close stores, go entirely digital
- Douglas PD charges four in five different armed robberies in the city
- GBI finds third body in missing persons case, also makes second arrest
- Two bodies found in Berrien County, believed to be two of three missing individuals
- Armed robbers hit three stores in two days, suspects remain at large