According to a post made by Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson on his Facebook page, the Telfair County Sheriff’s Office is looking for a West Green resident who allegedly vandalized a Telfair County Sheriff’s Office patrol car in Jacksonville, Ga.
Sheriff Steverson wrote that early in the morning on Sunday, Sept. 2, a several people were seen near an unoccupied patrol car located just outside the city limits of Jacksonville. One of the individuals approached the car and shattered the windshield. The offender then left the scene. Telfair County authorities, with help from Coffee County deputies, determined that Jordan Cornett, a 22-year-old white male, of West Green, was responsible for the damage.
Authorities believe that Cornett could be in Telfair County, Coffee County, or surrounding areas. He could also be in Fort Pierce, Fla. Anyone with any information about Cornett’s whereabouts should contact your local 911 operations center, Sheriff Chris Steverson at (912) 381-5591 or Coffee County Investigator Todd Winkler at (912) 850-4804.
- Sheriff Wooten's Family Fun Day is Oct. 27
- Criminal Investigations Unit makes multiple arrests on variety of charges, from drugs to assault
- Thursday morning shooting triggers lockdown at CCA, Indian Creek
- Intercepted package of drugs leads to arrest of Douglas man
- Man opens fire in Broxton, misses everyone
Latest from Staff Reports
- Agriculture losses due to Hurricane Michael are tremendous and will be felt for multiple generations
- Hurricane Michael downs power line that causes wastewater spill into Indian Creek
- City issues latest Hurricane Michael update
- Douglas woman injured in Ware County chase, wreck that killed a passenger wanted for armed robbery
- School system receives nearly $500,000 in grant funding from Justice Department