According to a post made by Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson on his Facebook page, the Telfair County Sheriff’s Office is looking for a West Green resident who allegedly vandalized a Telfair County Sheriff’s Office patrol car in Jacksonville, Ga.
Sheriff Steverson wrote that early in the morning on Sunday, Sept. 2, a several people were seen near an unoccupied patrol car located just outside the city limits of Jacksonville. One of the individuals approached the car and shattered the windshield. The offender then left the scene. Telfair County authorities, with help from Coffee County deputies, determined that Jordan Cornett, a 22-year-old white male, of West Green, was responsible for the damage.
Authorities believe that Cornett could be in Telfair County, Coffee County, or surrounding areas. He could also be in Fort Pierce, Fla. Anyone with any information about Cornett’s whereabouts should contact your local 911 operations center, Sheriff Chris Steverson at (912) 381-5591 or Coffee County Investigator Todd Winkler at (912) 850-4804.
- Detectives arrest three for Evans Grocery robbery in January
- County approves work on new subdivision, approves purchase of four vehicles for CCSO
- U.S. Marshals, deputies arrest three in murders of Kristian Bell and Steven Ward
- Bodies of Kristian Bell and boyfriend found buried near Nicholls
- Two arrested in church burglary
Latest from Staff Reports
- Douglas PD charges four in five different armed robberies in the city
- GBI finds third body in missing persons case, also makes second arrest
- Two bodies found in Berrien County, believed to be two of three missing individuals
- Armed robbers hit three stores in two days, suspects remain at large
- DPD investigates two shootings, makes arrests in both cases