I was going to write a story about the city commission meeting from Monday night. It was crazy. It was bizarre. It was unprofessional. Instead of just writing about it, I’m going to give you the opportunity to watch it. The city tapes all its meetings and posts the meeting on YouTube. Below is the meeting in its entirety, which is about 80 minutes long.
One thing that isn’t in the video is exactly what the consent agenda is. Commissioners cover the consent agenda in the work session then approve it in the general meeting. But in the meeting, they don’t break it down by each individual item. Here are the items for which they voted:
- The purchase of two 2019 Dodge Charger Pursuits and one Dodge Durango Special Service Vehicle from Akins Ford in Winder for $78,899.50. Commissioner Olivia Pearson did not vote in favor of this particular item.
- New fencing at the police firing range; $32,600 from Dixie Fence in Douglas.
- Re-appoint Yvonne Lott to the cemetery committee.
- The purchase of a 2017 Dodge bucket truck for $130,599.
- Sell a 2007 International bucket truck to the Housing Authority for $22,500.
- Amend the FY18 budget, resulting in an overall decrease.
- An amended resolution with SunTrust Bank as it relates to city credit cards due to changes in personnel.
- Changes to the wrecker and towing ordinance.
You won’t see those items discussed individually in the video. But you will see a lot of other more entertaining – and disturbing – discussions.
- Video: DPD, gang unit officers arrest Samuel Edward Jones for murder of Terrance Gibson
- City needs three people for the Downtown Development Authority
- Shooting reported in Oak Park Tuesday morning, victim life-flighted to trauma center
- CHS marching band named Christmas parade marshal
- Surveillance video: The DPD needs help identifying these three suspects
Latest from Robert Preston
- Christmas parade postponed, rescheduled for next Thursday
- Video: City approves items for airport and Madison Avenue re-conductor project, hears from Roscoe Allen again during work session
- Saturday morning accident claims life of Florida man
- Longhorns stop Trojans' running attack, end Coffee's season in quarterfinals
- Two Lady Trojans ink scholarships to play at the next level