A Coffee County woman faces drug distribution and firearms charges following an investigation by the Douglas-Coffee Drug Unit Thursday night.
Around 8 p.m. on Sept. 13, 2018, drug unit detectives, with the assistance of Coffee County Sheriff's Office K-9 Units, conducted an investigation at a residence on East Walker Street in Douglas. Officers conducted a search of the home and agents subsequently discovered two loaded firearms and approximately one pound of high grade marijuana.
Mary Kight, aka Mary Cortez or Mary Reyes, was arrested at the scene and charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime.
- Killer remains at large following Sunday morning fatal shooting, reward offered
- Video: Citizens offer assistance to Douglas police officer bloodied during foot chase
- Here are a few local drug arrests over the last week
- Samuel Reed, reported missing, has been found in Florida
- Sheriff's office looking for missing person