A Coffee County woman faces drug distribution and firearms charges following an investigation by the Douglas-Coffee Drug Unit Thursday night.
Around 8 p.m. on Sept. 13, 2018, drug unit detectives, with the assistance of Coffee County Sheriff's Office K-9 Units, conducted an investigation at a residence on East Walker Street in Douglas. Officers conducted a search of the home and agents subsequently discovered two loaded firearms and approximately one pound of high grade marijuana.
Mary Kight, aka Mary Cortez or Mary Reyes, was arrested at the scene and charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime.
- Police department: No suspicious activity at local Wal-Mart
- CCSO looking for possible absconded convicted sex offender
- Jordan Cornett remains on the lam, $4 reward offered for info leading to his arrest
- Telfair, Coffee authorities search for West Green resident who allegedly vandalized a police car
- Sheriff's office makes drug arrests in two separate incidents