Willie Frank Wooden of Alma has been missing for well over a year and the Alma Police Department is still looking for information in his disappearance. There is a $500 reward for anyone who provides information that leads to Mr. Wooden or to an individual involved in his disappearance. Authorities suspect foul play in this case.
On June 2, 2017, the Alma Police Department received a call concerning a missing person: Willie Frank Wooden – 68 years old, a black male, 5’10”, 263 lbs., grey hair, and brown eyes. Wooden has not been seen since May 30, 2017 at his South Thomas Street home. The APD learned Wooden’s vehicle, a silver 2004 Toyota Avalon, had been located across town at the Bacon County Health Department on May 31, 2017.
Witnesses have informed law enforcement an unknown white female removed a duffle bag from Wooden’s vehicle around 9 a.m. on the May 31, 2017. On June 2, 2017, witnesses saw the same unknown white female removing items from the trunk of Wooden’s car before witnesses observed an unknown black male grab the unknown white female, toss her into a dark-colored Ford F-150 (with black wheels), and drive away. A white sedan, possibly a late-model Nissan Altima, was also seen near Wooden’s vehicle during this incident.
The Alma Police Department and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation have treated this incident as possible foul play. If anyone has information about the whereabouts of Wooden please contact the Alma Police Department at (912) 632- 8751 or Bacon County 911(912) 632-2760.
- Samuel Reed, reported missing, has been found in Florida
- Alma PD, GBI, other agencies make arrests in murder case
- APD announce arrests for the week of Sept 2, charges ranging from disorderly conduct to burglary
- APD announce arrests for the week of August 20, charges ranging from loitering to DUI
- Coffee County native disappears under 'mysterious circumstances' in South Carolina