At last Monday’s county commission meeting, the county approved the submission of the 2018 Local Maintenance and Improvement Grant application for road improvements in the county. According to county administrator Wesley Vickers, most of the work will be resurfacing although there will be some new paving projects. The total cost is estimated to be $2.5 million; LMIG will pay for $1.2 million. The rest will come from SPLOST funds.
The county also appointed Vernon Talkington to the Board of Health. He will fill the unexpired term of Anne Carver, who has stepped down.
Commissioners also voted to designate Oct. 25 as Passionately Pink Day in Coffee County. This is the 10th year in a row that Coffee County is recognizing Passionately Pink Day, which is so named to raise awareness and help fund a cure for breast cancer.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Suspect in Ocilla fatal shooting allegedly steals car at gunpoint in Coffee County, flees
- Tyreek Hill plays against Pittsburgh, leads Kansas City in receiving
- Douglas man allegedly kills his son, injures another in Christmas Eve shooting
- Two former Trojans take the field in Division II national title game
- Jeff Davis deputies, DNR officers make multiple drug arrests