A collaborative effort between Coffee County drug agents and the Mid South Drug Task Force resulted in the arrest of a Coffee County man on drug distribution charges Wednesday.
The Douglas-Coffee Drug Unit was contacted by agents with the Mid South Drug Task Force in Tifton, who stated they were in possession of a package mailed from Douglas which contained 108 tablets of the prescription painkiller hydrocodone, a Schedule II controlled substance.
Douglas-Coffee drug agents retrieved the package and, following an investigation, arrested 57-year-old Bernard Tanner Paulk at his residence off Cobblestone Road.
Paulk was transported to the Coffee County Jail and faces charges of distribution of a controlled substance.
- Nurse at jail one of three arrested on meth, marijuana charges
- Officers discover 20 pounds of marijuana, make three arrests
- Authorities search for missing 16-year-old
- Detectives arrest three for Evans Grocery robbery in January
- County approves work on new subdivision, approves purchase of four vehicles for CCSO