The Georgia Department of Transportation has notified the City of Douglas that a major paving project will be underway on Saturday, Oct. 6 and Sunday, Oct. 7, 2018 on State Route 135/Perimeter Road.
Two crews are scheduled to pave travel lanes on State Route135/Perimeter Road, which will require single lane closures. Paving operations are planned from the intersection of US 441 to SR 158/East Baker Highway from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 6 and Sunday, Oct. 7, 2018.
Pilot cars, flaggers, and signs will direct motorists. The paving schedule is subject to change based on weather. Drivers should be cautious of workers and heavy equipment. Please allow more drive time to reach destinations. The City of Douglas apologizes for any inconvenience as progress on this project continues.
- Officers, firefighters battle storm to preserve American flag
- Douglas man arrested after allegedly stabbing girlfriend during argument
- DPD officers investigate Juanita Street homicide
- April McDuffie named Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs
- CSX to close several rail crossings for maintenance