Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
A Coffee County man is in custody following a shooting that triggered the temporary lockdowns of two local schools Thursday morning.
Around 11:30 a.m., sheriff's deputies responded to a residence off Ga. Hwy. 158 West in reference to a shooting. As a precautionary measure, Indian Creek Elementary School and Citizens Christian Academy were placed on lockdown.
Upon arrival at the location, authorities discovered a male victim who had sustained a gunshot wound to the right foot. The scene was secured by detectives, and the victim was transported to Coffee Regional Medical Center for his injuries.
The suspect, identified as Joshua Bussey, turned himself in to the Coffee County Sheriff's Office shortly after the incident occurred. Bussey was booked into the Coffee County Jail and faces charges of aggravated assault in connection to the incident.
Latest from Submitted
- Christmas parade rescheduled for Friday, December 8 at 7pm
- COUNTRY Financial supports school system with An Operation Helping Heroes Donation
- A fresh brew: SGSC welcomes Starbucks to campus
- Here are the rules and guidelines for this weekend's Christmas parade
- Veterans Park Committee to host Pearl Harbor Day remembrance ceremony