A one-vehicle accident late Friday took the life of a Douglas man.
According to officials, the deceased, a 20-year-old male whose identity has not been released, was driving west on Highway 32 when he approached the overhead bridge. The driver failed to negotiate the curve on the bridge and left the roadway, driving down the embankment and into a pine tree. The vehicle then burst into flames.
Authorities are still investigating the accident. There were no other vehicles involved and there were no passengers in the car that crashed.
- Officers make arrest in Dec. 2 shooting
- One person shot on Roper Street, no arrests
- Shoppes at Tip Top celebrates grand opening with ribbon cutting
- Jury convicts Derrious Carter on drug possession charges, sentenced to 11 years in prison
- Video: DPD, gang unit officers arrest Samuel Edward Jones for murder of Terrance Gibson
Latest from Robert Preston
- Herman 'Bugg' Lott
- Christmas parade postponed, rescheduled for next Thursday
- Video: City approves items for airport and Madison Avenue re-conductor project, hears from Roscoe Allen again during work session
- Saturday morning accident claims life of Florida man
- Longhorns stop Trojans' running attack, end Coffee's season in quarterfinals