A one-vehicle accident late Friday took the life of a Douglas man.
According to officials, the deceased, a 20-year-old male whose identity has not been released, was driving west on Highway 32 when he approached the overhead bridge. The driver failed to negotiate the curve on the bridge and left the roadway, driving down the embankment and into a pine tree. The vehicle then burst into flames.
Authorities are still investigating the accident. There were no other vehicles involved and there were no passengers in the car that crashed.
Latest from Robert Preston
- SGSC on 'heightened alert,' on lookout for former employee
- TAD passes by huge margin, no changes on city commission
- GHSA releases region realignments, Coffee to drop to 5A
- Nugent pleads guilty, receives fine and probation
- Watson and Arnett win region cross country titles, CHS women finish first overall