A one-vehicle accident late Friday took the life of a Douglas man.
According to officials, the deceased, a 20-year-old male whose identity has not been released, was driving west on Highway 32 when he approached the overhead bridge. The driver failed to negotiate the curve on the bridge and left the roadway, driving down the embankment and into a pine tree. The vehicle then burst into flames.
Authorities are still investigating the accident. There were no other vehicles involved and there were no passengers in the car that crashed.
- City commission narrowly approves changes to alcohol ordinance
- Hurricane Michael downs power line that causes wastewater spill into Indian Creek
- City issues latest Hurricane Michael update
- Officials announce curfew beginning at 6 p.m. Wednesday as Hurricane Michael arrives
- Downtown Merchants Association to host Hometown Harvest
Latest from Robert Preston
- Murder trial of Jasmine Williams to begin Tuesday, Oct. 23
- Football fans: Rae Carruth was released from prison today
- Trojans pick up region win over Houston County
- Updated early voting, Hurricane Michael damage information
- Tyreek Hill helps spark second-half comeback, gets doused with beer by a New England fan