A one-vehicle accident late Friday took the life of a Douglas man.
According to officials, the deceased, a 20-year-old male whose identity has not been released, was driving west on Highway 32 when he approached the overhead bridge. The driver failed to negotiate the curve on the bridge and left the roadway, driving down the embankment and into a pine tree. The vehicle then burst into flames.
Authorities are still investigating the accident. There were no other vehicles involved and there were no passengers in the car that crashed.
Latest from Robert Preston
- McIver enters late, District 5 qualifying ends with four candidates
- McCallum enters District 5 county commission race
- Holt, O'Steen declare for District 5 special election
- County to hold special election to fill District 5 county commission seat
- Video: Softball tourney in Waycross turns violent, injuries reported