City demolishes local eyesore
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
As part of the Operation Quality of Life, urging citizens to cleanup around their homes and businesses, the City of Douglas demolished the old Penguin/Carswell Laundromat on West Jackson Street this week. The dilapidated building had been vacant for many years and was a public eyesore.
“We want to show our citizens that we are going the extra mile to clean up Douglas,” says City Manager Terrell Jacobs. “We want citizens to know we are enforcing code ordinances in our business district, as well as residential areas. By showing our willingness to cleanup vacant businesses, we hope our citizens will continue to clean up their neighborhoods.”
Operation Quality of Life is a code enforcement initiative that began earlier this year.
For more information about Operation Quality of Life, please call (912) 389-3462.
For demolition photos, scroll to the image gallery at the bottom of this page.
-Submitted by the City of Douglas
Latest from Submitted
- Michael and Kassidy Carter represent Georgia at the National Outstanding Young Farmers Award Congress
- ABAC honors top academic students
- Douglas re-designated as PlanFirst Community
- Trojans finish 6th at Richmond Hill, Josie Lott sets steeplechase school record
- GBI makes arrest in Jeff Davis shooting
- online classical music Sunday, 28 September 2014 19:11 Comment Link Report
Thanks so much for haring with everyone