The trial of Jasmine Williams, who was charged with murder in the September 2017 fatal shooting of Greg Swinson, 25, will begin Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2018 at the Coffee County Courthouse. Attorneys selected the jury today and both sides are set to start tomorrow.
At 3 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 16, 2017, Swinson was shot in the head in his home on the 300 block of East Walker Street. Swinson initially survived the shooting and was transported to Savannah Memorial Hospital for further treatment. However, he died a short time later.
Williams, his girlfriend at the time, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault. Authorities upgraded her charges to murder after Swinson succumbed to his injuries. In October 2017, Williams was denied bond. She has remained in the Coffee County Jail since her arrest.
- Evidence in Wright murder trial showed defendant changed story three times
- Jury convicts Wright of murder
- Video: DPD, gang unit officers arrest Samuel Edward Jones for murder of Terrance Gibson
- Killer remains at large following Sunday morning fatal shooting, reward offered
- Judge sentences Jasmine Williams to life without parole