Coffee County Sheriff Doyle Wooten is happy to announce its 2018 Officer of the Year, Sgt. Ben Munford. Sgt. Munford earned this year's designation after being overwhelmingly selected by his peers and was honored this week by the Douglas Exchange Club.
Sgt. Munford, who currently serves at the Coffee County Courthouse providing courtroom and other security-oriented duties, has been with the sheriff's office for 29 years. During that time, he has worked in nearly all departmental capacities including serving as a jail officer, road patrol deputy, criminal investigator, transport officer, civil process server, and school resource officer. In previous years, Munford helped to organize and oversee the local police athletic league and has been invaluable in ensuring the yearly success of the Shop with a Cop program each Christmas season.
Sgt. Munford is married to Linetha Munford. They have three children and are the proud grandparents of five grandchildren.
- Nurse at jail one of three arrested on meth, marijuana charges
- Officers discover 20 pounds of marijuana, make three arrests
- Authorities search for missing 16-year-old
- Detectives arrest three for Evans Grocery robbery in January
- County approves work on new subdivision, approves purchase of four vehicles for CCSO