A single vehicle accident claimed the life of a Jacksonville, Fla., man Saturday morning.
The driver, who was killed in the accident, was driving a Penske rental box truck east on Highway 158. He left his lane of travel, overcorrected, and ran off the road into a cotton field. He clipped a light pole by the roadway and flipped over in the field.
The accident delayed traffic for some time as authorities worked the accident. Power lines from the clipped pole fell on the truck and emergency crews couldn’t clean up the wreck until power crews took care of the downed line.
A wrecker from American Truck Parts in Douglas hauled off the Penske truck.
Latest from Robert Preston
- McIver enters late, District 5 qualifying ends with four candidates
- McCallum enters District 5 county commission race
- Holt, O'Steen declare for District 5 special election
- County to hold special election to fill District 5 county commission seat
- Video: Softball tourney in Waycross turns violent, injuries reported