Customers have asked for it and Santa has delivered early this year at Douglas Utilities!
Beginning November 26, 2018 through December 7, 2018, the first 50 residential utility customers who apply and qualify for the City’s new Pre-Pay program, “My Usage,” will be set up with an appointment to come in to Customer Care and begin their prepay experience.
Customer Care will begin setting customers up on December 10th by appointments only. Just in time for Christmas! To help customers take advantage of this opportunity, the City of Douglas will combine the utility accounts’ current balance due and any unbilled balance to bring usage on the account up to date. The deposit on the utility account will be applied and any remaining balance will be paid or placed into the debt recovery system.
Customers taking advantage of this offer could pay as little as the minimum of a $75 startup fee. If the account is disconnected at any time, the customer will be required to pay a minimum of $50 plus any current amount owed to be reconnected. The customer will not be assessed a reconnection fee. “I am very pleased that Douglas Utilities is offering the pilot program to kick-off this service for all our customers,” says Mayor Tony Paulk. “Now, we want all the customers who have waited for the pre-pay program to come in and take advantage of it.”
My Usage pre-pay customers will receive advantages not given to regular utility customers. No deposit is required – the initial startup fee goes toward future use of the monthly utility bill. There are no disconnect or reconnect fees. If utilities to the account are disconnected, the customer will only have to pay $50 plus the current amount due to reconnect the services on the account. There will be no service fees and no late fees. Customers can track their daily balance and pay as they go. There will not be a large bill due at any time so the customer shouldn’t experience any unexpected surprises. To sign up to begin the program, customers should visit the Customer Care Center located at City Hall, 224 East Bryan Street. For more information, please call (912)384-3302 or dial 3-1-1.
- Premium Peanut wins overall at Christmas parade
- Mayor's Monthly Minutes: Community toy drive, Mayors' Christmas Motorcade, and more
- Residents of Wards 2 and 3 invited to a listening session with city officials on Dec. 17
- City announces junk drop-off days for December
- Video: City approves items for airport and Madison Avenue re-conductor project, hears from Roscoe Allen again during work session
Latest from Submitted
- Jury convicts Roderick Brock for murder, Ansley Minkema pleads guilty
- Officers make arrest in Dec. 2 shooting
- Dr. Don Hattaway, formerly of The Tabernacle Baptist Church of Cartersville, called to First Baptist Church
- Hawks sweep Chik-fil-A tournament in Waycross
- Hawks defeat Combine Academy Atlanta