Officers are investigating a shooting that took place early Tuesday morning.
Around 4 a.m., 911 received a call that a male subject had been shot at 330 Poplar Street in the Oak Park community. The victim had been shot twice in the upper thigh/hip area, according to the 911 call. Officers responded along with EMS. The victim was transported to Coffee Regional Medical Center where he was taken to a trauma center via helicopter.
This is at least the third shooting reported in Douglas-Coffee County since Sunday, Oct. 28. That night, a shooting took place at Rockin’ Roll Bowlin’ in Douglas. A vehicle was shot but no injuries were reported. Another shooting took place on Sunday, Nov. 18, on East Ethel Street in Douglas. The victim, Terrance Gibson, died as a result of his injuries.
No arrests have been made in either the October or November shootings. A $1,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest of Gibson’s killer.
Authorities have not released any information regarding the investigation into Tuesday morning’s shooting.
Latest from Submitted
- Jury convicts Roderick Brock for murder, Ansley Minkema pleads guilty
- Officers make arrest in Dec. 2 shooting
- Dr. Don Hattaway, formerly of The Tabernacle Baptist Church of Cartersville, called to First Baptist Church
- Hawks sweep Chik-fil-A tournament in Waycross
- Hawks defeat Combine Academy Atlanta