A two-vehicle accident on Highway 221 North in West Green Tuesday afternoon resulted in multiple injuries and a major traffic slowdown through the area for several hours.
According to information from the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office, a vehicle apparently ran a stop sign and struck a prison transport van carrying inmates from Coffee Correctional Facility. All inmates are accounted for, with several being transported from the scene to area hospitals for treatment.
In addition to the inmates, several individuals in the other vehicle were injured. The identities of the occupants of both vehicles have not been released. The Georgia State Patrol is investigating the incident.
- Marquez Floyd pleads guilty to murder, sentenced to life
- CRMC recognizes Jennifer Lewis for exceeding expectations of patients, visitors
- Officers, firefighters battle storm to preserve American flag
- Douglas man arrested after allegedly stabbing girlfriend during argument
- CSX to close several rail crossings for maintenance
Latest from Robert Preston
- Suspect in Ocilla fatal shooting allegedly steals car at gunpoint in Coffee County, flees
- Tyreek Hill plays against Pittsburgh, leads Kansas City in receiving
- Douglas man allegedly kills his son, injures another in Christmas Eve shooting
- Two former Trojans take the field in Division II national title game
- Jeff Davis deputies, DNR officers make multiple drug arrests