A two-vehicle accident on Highway 221 North in West Green Tuesday afternoon resulted in multiple injuries and a major traffic slowdown through the area for several hours.
According to information from the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office, a vehicle apparently ran a stop sign and struck a prison transport van carrying inmates from Coffee Correctional Facility. All inmates are accounted for, with several being transported from the scene to area hospitals for treatment.
In addition to the inmates, several individuals in the other vehicle were injured. The identities of the occupants of both vehicles have not been released. The Georgia State Patrol is investigating the incident.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Buddy Nobles, Irwin County High head football coach, has died
- Armed robbery attempt at McDonald's lands three in jail
- No matter who wins, a former Trojan will earn a Super Bowl ring in Miami
- Video: Good Samaritans rescue child found on busy highway
- Tyreek Hill, Kansas City Chiefs headed to the Super Bowl