When people find themselves in trouble, they often head to familiar surroundings. That’s what Bo Dukes did after being accused of sexual assault last week. And the U.S. Marshals were waiting for him.
Authorities, including the Marshals, were looking for Dukes, accused of helping conceal the 2005 death of Ocilla school teacher Tara Grinstead, after he was charged with rape, aggravated sodomy, false imprisonment, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon last week. According to media reports, Dukes assaulted two women at gunpoint in Houston County on New Year’s Day.
Dukes was arrested in Irwin County on Saturday, Jan. 5, 2019. Dukes had also been on the run since November after a judge revoked his probation stemming from a 2013 incident in which he was convicted of stealing $150,000 from the Army.
Dukes’s friend, Ryan Duke, has been charged with murder in the death of Tara Grinstead. That trial is set to begin this summer.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Stingrays win state championship for fourth time in six years
- O'Steen wins District 5 county commission election
- Dollar General on Willacoochee Highway 'infested' with roaches, no food or beverage sales
- Video: Keegan McGovern homers against Visalia Rawhide in California League game
- Trojan Olympic lifters bring home national team championship, three individual medalists