At the first county commission meeting of 2019, commissioners named Jimmy Kitchens as commission chair and Johnny Wayne Jowers as vice chair. “I’d like to thank Mr. Dovers for the work he’s done for the past year. He’s a young guy and he took over and he’s done real well. He’s just as seasoned as he can be now. We sure thank him,” said Commissioner Kitchens to Commissioner A.J. Dovers, outgoing commission chair.
Commissioners also appointed the following county officers: Clerk – Tracy Vickers, deputy clerks – Princess Porter and Abbie Paulk, attorney – Tony Rowell, auditor – Hurst and Hurst, road superintendent – Don Stokes, and assistant road superintendent – Wendell Troupe.
The commission approved the following appointments to county boards: Election board – Ernestine Clark (District 1), Eric Chaney (District 3), and Kim Cook (District 4); tax assessor board – Bill Greene; farmers’ market – Kevin Tatum and Johnny Wayne Jowers; recreation board – Melissa Givens; Ocmulgee Blueway Committee – Tony Rowell and Scooter Bill Deen; Douglas-Coffee County Land Bank Authority – Dennis Josey; Southern Georgia Regional Commission – Jimmy Kitchens; and Board of Health – Jimmy Kitchens.
The county also approved the sale of .14 acres of land at the intersection of Coweta Avenue and Ashley Street for $1,800 to Statewide Surveying.
- County approves work on new subdivision, approves purchase of four vehicles for CCSO
- Drug unit reports recent arrests
- Driver walks away from truck v. train accident
- County designates next week as FCCLA Week, approves road closure
- County approves probation contract, takes action on Baymeadows cul-de-sac
Latest from Robert Preston
- Woody Folsom buys Coffee Chrysler
- Cops investigate Tyreek Hill for battery, no charges filed
- Video: SGSC theatre department performs for Rotary, club inducts two new members
- GSP releases reports in two recent vehicle v. pedestrian accidents
- Melinda McSwain denied bond, authorities learn new details in Sabrina Long disappearance