City of Douglas and Coffee County officials attended the 29th Annual Okefenokee Occasion reception on Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at the Georgia Railroad Freight Depot in Atlanta. The Southern Georgia Regional Commission organized this annual event that provides rural communities in South Georgia an opportunity for one on one discussion with legislators about upcoming legislation under consideration and special projects that affect local communities. The Okefenokee Occasion committee consists of members from Appling, Atkinson, Ben Hill, Berrien, Brantley, Brooks, Charlton, Clinch, Coffee, Irwin, Jeff Davis, Lanier, Pierce, Turner, Ware and Wayne counties.
- Escaped inmate from Carroll County captured near Broxton
- Coffee County has received over five inches of rain and it's still falling
- Only 187 have voted in District 5 election, one more week of early voting
- CSX to close crossing at Salem Church Road next week
- Holt, O'Steen declare for District 5 special election