CSX and Georgia Department of Transportation has notified the City of Douglas that scheduled railroad crossing maintenance in Douglas will begin this week at select rail crossings in town. Tuesday, Jan. 29, maintenance will begin at 8 a.m. at the rail crossings at Gaskin Avenue and McDonald Avenue. On Wednesday, Jan. 30, the crossings at Madison and Peterson avenues will also close for maintenance. These projects will take several days to complete so expect delays as you follow detours through town. The rail crossing maintenance will result in the extended closure of a portion of US 441/SR 31, which will require road detours.
The detour route will be signed. Operators of tractor trailers are warned there will NOT be any space to turn around if detour route is not followed. The detour route will be as follows:
- · US 441/SR 31 North traffic will go right on SR 135 (east bypass) and left on the SR 206 Connector.
- · US 441/SR 31 South traffic will turn right on the SR 206 Connector (bypass) and left on SR 206.
- · SR 32 West traffic wanting to go to US 441/SR 31 South will follow SR 32 and turn left on SR 206 (bypass).
- · SR 158 East traffic wanting to go North on US 441/SR 31 will continue on SR 158, turn left on SR 135 (east bypass) and then left on the SR 206 Connector.
The City of Douglas apologizes for any inconvenience and asks that motorists use precaution and allow more drive time due to the detour routes. Motorists can find more information on road closures and traffic interruptions, download the 511 app or at www.511ga.org.
Latest from Submitted
- Drug traffickers plead guilty to distributing crystal meth in South Georgia, including Coffee County
- Ruby Jean Henderson Yarberry
- Community mental health fair scheduled for May 18
- Students on Coffee Campus participated in Wiregrass scholarship signing day
- Water tower maintenance causes water discoloration