A 25-year-old Douglas man was charged with child cruelty Monday as the result of an investigation that began in January.
Coffee County sheriff's deputies responded to Coffee Regional Medical Center on Jan. 21, 2019, in reference to a report of child abuse. A female at the scene stated her six-month-old had suffered severe bruising to the abdominal area, face, and buttocks, and Coffee County detectives responded to the scene.
On Feb. 4, 2019, authorities arrested Senie Bennefield, Jr. on charges unrelated to this incident (simple battery and parole violation). Upon further investigation by the criminal investigations division, Bennefield was charged with first degree cruelty to children in regards to the Jan. 21 report.
- Nurse at jail one of three arrested on meth, marijuana charges
- Officers discover 20 pounds of marijuana, make three arrests
- Authorities search for missing 16-year-old
- Detectives arrest three for Evans Grocery robbery in January
- County approves work on new subdivision, approves purchase of four vehicles for CCSO
Latest from Submitted
- Drug traffickers plead guilty to distributing crystal meth in South Georgia, including Coffee County
- Ruby Jean Henderson Yarberry
- Community mental health fair scheduled for May 18
- Students on Coffee Campus participated in Wiregrass scholarship signing day
- Water tower maintenance causes water discoloration