According to a statement released on the Douglas Police Department’s Facebook page, no charges will be filed in the shooting death of Larry Tyrone Webb, 41.
Webb was shot on Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2019, at the In and Out store on East Baker Highway during an altercation. He initially survived the shooting and was transferred to Navicent Health Center in Macon, where he later passed away.
Officers with the Douglas Police Department have wrapped the investigation and decided not to file charges. According to the statement, “the investigation shows that the actions taken during this altercation were justified under Georgia Law.”
Officials have not released the name of the individual who shot Webb.
Latest from Robert Preston
- SGSC on 'heightened alert,' on lookout for former employee
- TAD passes by huge margin, no changes on city commission
- GHSA releases region realignments, Coffee to drop to 5A
- Nugent pleads guilty, receives fine and probation
- Watson and Arnett win region cross country titles, CHS women finish first overall