According to a statement released on the Douglas Police Department’s Facebook page, no charges will be filed in the shooting death of Larry Tyrone Webb, 41.
Webb was shot on Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2019, at the In and Out store on East Baker Highway during an altercation. He initially survived the shooting and was transferred to Navicent Health Center in Macon, where he later passed away.
Officers with the Douglas Police Department have wrapped the investigation and decided not to file charges. According to the statement, “the investigation shows that the actions taken during this altercation were justified under Georgia Law.”
Officials have not released the name of the individual who shot Webb.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Woody Folsom buys Coffee Chrysler
- Cops investigate Tyreek Hill for battery, no charges filed
- Video: SGSC theatre department performs for Rotary, club inducts two new members
- GSP releases reports in two recent vehicle v. pedestrian accidents
- Melinda McSwain denied bond, authorities learn new details in Sabrina Long disappearance