According to a statement released on the Douglas Police Department’s Facebook page, no charges will be filed in the shooting death of Larry Tyrone Webb, 41.
Webb was shot on Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2019, at the In and Out store on East Baker Highway during an altercation. He initially survived the shooting and was transferred to Navicent Health Center in Macon, where he later passed away.
Officers with the Douglas Police Department have wrapped the investigation and decided not to file charges. According to the statement, “the investigation shows that the actions taken during this altercation were justified under Georgia Law.”
Officials have not released the name of the individual who shot Webb.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Stingrays win state championship for fourth time in six years
- O'Steen wins District 5 county commission election
- Dollar General on Willacoochee Highway 'infested' with roaches, no food or beverage sales
- Video: Keegan McGovern homers against Visalia Rawhide in California League game
- Trojan Olympic lifters bring home national team championship, three individual medalists