DouglasNow.com obtained copies of two accident reports from the Georgia State Patrol Friday, both of which describe two vehicle v. pedestrian accidents that took place on Saturday, Feb. 23, 2019.
The accident that has grabbed the most attention was actually the second one that happened that Saturday night. It was the one that resulted in the death of Amanda Kay Floyd Wynn, who was struck and killed on Highway 158 East just outside the city limits of Douglas.
According to the report, the accident happened at 10:49 p.m. A blue 2008 Cadillac Escalade driven by Thomas George “T.G.” Noel of a Nicholls address struck Wynn. The report’s narrative provides few details. It states that Noel was traveling east on 158. Wynn was walking near the white line in the eastbound lane. The passenger side front end of Noel’s vehicle struck Wynn. The report also states that the GSP’s Specialize Collision Reconstruction Team (SCRT) is continuing to investigate the accident. At the time the GSP released the report, there had been no final word as to whether or not Noel would be charged in the accident.
The other accident happened in front of the liquor store at the intersection of Sand Street and Highway 221 North in Oak Park. A black 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe driven by Christopher Clement struck Ronald Ford, both of whom are from Douglas. The report states that Clement was traveling north in the left lane of 221. Ford was partially in the northbound lane and partially in the turn lane. Ford failed to yield to oncoming traffic, the report states. The driver’s side area of Clement’s Tahoe struck Ford’s right arm and foot. Clement stopped the Tahoe off the west shoulder of 221. Ford was transported from the scene via EMS. Clement was not charged in the accident.
On the morning of Friday, March 1, a truck owned by TransWaste struck a Cadillac CTS at the intersection of the bypass and Pope Drive, killing the driver of the Cadillac. The GSP hasn’t completed that accident report yet.
- Vehicle strikes, kills pedestrian Saturday night
- Video: Prison transport van involved in traffic accident in West Green, multiple injuries reported
- Shooting reported at bowling alley, lots of property damage but no injuries
- Alma PD, GBI, other agencies make arrests in murder case
- Douglas woman injured in Ware County chase, wreck that killed a passenger wanted for armed robbery
Latest from Robert Preston
- McIver enters late, District 5 qualifying ends with four candidates
- McCallum enters District 5 county commission race
- Holt, O'Steen declare for District 5 special election
- County to hold special election to fill District 5 county commission seat
- Video: Softball tourney in Waycross turns violent, injuries reported