On Friday, March 15, 2019, the GBI obtained arrest warrants for Jonathan Vann and Keyante Greene in the deaths of three individuals reported missing earlier this week.
Vann was charged with two counts of malice murder for the deaths of Wayne Hackle, Jr. and Bobbie Lynn Moore in Atkinson County, Georgia. In Berrien County, Georgia, Vann was also charged with one count of malice murder for the death of Mercedes Hackle and for arson in regards to a burned vehicle that Moore was using.
Greene was charged with two counts of concealing the death of another person in relation to Wayne Hackle, Jr. and Bobbie Lynn Moore in Atkinson County. Greene was also charged with one count of concealing the death of another person in relation to Mercedes Hackle in Berrien County.
Earlier this week, authorities found three bodies believed to be those of Moore, Wayne Hackle, Jr., and Mercedes Hackle near the Atkinson/Berrien County line. Thursday morning, the GBI reported that two bodies had been found. Later Thursday afternoon, the third body was found. The bodies have yet to be positively identified.
- McCrimmon pleads guilty to murder, sentenced to life in prison
- Two bodies found in Berrien County, believed to be two of three missing individuals
- Officers arrest Larue Sheffield on charges related to Edith Sheffield's murder
- Jury convicts Roderick Brock for murder, Ansley Minkema pleads guilty
- High speed chase ends in Pearson, multiple vehicles damaged