Clerk of Court Angela Spell-Hutto submits resignation effective April 30
- Written by Robert Preston
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Angela Spell-Hutto, Coffee County Clerk of Court, has submitted her resignation effective April 30, 2019. She is citing health and stress of office as reasons for her resignation.
Wednesday morning, Spell-Hutto released the following statement:
“It is with great sadness and relief that I hereby announce my pending resignation as the Clerk of Superior Court of Coffee, Georgia. My resignation has been forwarded to the Governor and shall be effective April 30, 2019. Without going into great detail, my health and the stress of office will not permit me to continue in my current position. Moreover, the health conditions of my family demand that I focus on my family and their needs also. All of these matters have combined to create impediments to the performance of my duties as Clerk of Superior Court. I therefore choose to do the highest and best that I can for the citizens of Coffee County, and that is now to resign.
“I am thankful that the County Commissioners and Judges have worked with me on all issues regarding my situation and the future of the Clerk’s Office. I have brought in a team to aid in the transition. I have appointed a Chief Deputy and brought in a long-time friend and retired Superior Clerk to aid in the transition. I want to the thank the Commissioners and Judges who have worked tirelessly with me in the very trying time in my life. I also want to thank the voters who elected me to this very important position and I want to assure them that this decision is in my best interest and the best interest of the citizens of Coffee County.
“May God bless Coffee County and our Clerk’s Office.”
Lisa Gillis, court reporter in Superior Court, will fill the role of Clerk of Court until the next election.
- There is an election underway and it's for the SPLOST referendum
- Ben Hill County inmate who had escaped before escapes again while attending grandmother's funeral in Douglas
- Convicted felon hit with drug distribution, gun charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest
- Douglas/Coffee County supports World Teen Mental Wellness Day
Latest from Robert Preston
- Officers arrest, jail McRae man for alleged financial transaction fraud
- Drug detectives act on tip, make meth arrest
- Kendrick Mizell's murder trial scheduled to begin Monday
- David Spivey arrested, charged with embracery in connection with jury tampering allegations in Anderson trial
- Drug unit officers arrest, charge Douglas man with meth possession after short chase