A house fire last night in West Green claimed the life of Betty Clark, 69.
According to a press release issued by the Safety Fire Commissioner’s Office, around 10:30 p.m. Sunday night, firefighters from the Coffee County Fire Department responded to a residential fire located at 150 Burkett Loop Road in West Green. Three adult individuals were able to escape the residence, but Clark, of West Green, was found deceased in the home after the fire was extinguished.
“The origin of this fire is to believed to be in the bedroom of where the deceased was discovered. The cause remains under investigation,” said Safety Fire Commissioner Jim Beck. “The interior of the home suffered extensive damage from the blaze.”
Investigators with the Safety Fire Commissioner’s Office are assisting the Coffee County Fire Department and the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office with this investigation.
In 2019, Georgia fires have claimed the lives of 30 individuals.
- Wednesday afternoon fire destroys home, blocks traffic on North Madison Avenue
- House erupts into flames, no one injured
- FEMA updates, fact sheet to help survivors navigate the road to recovery, the latest info on recovery progress
- First responders answer house fire call on South Letitia Avenue, significant damage but no injuries reported
- Fire ignites in local apartment complex, no injuries reported