A house fire last night in West Green claimed the life of Betty Clark, 69.
According to a press release issued by the Safety Fire Commissioner’s Office, around 10:30 p.m. Sunday night, firefighters from the Coffee County Fire Department responded to a residential fire located at 150 Burkett Loop Road in West Green. Three adult individuals were able to escape the residence, but Clark, of West Green, was found deceased in the home after the fire was extinguished.
“The origin of this fire is to believed to be in the bedroom of where the deceased was discovered. The cause remains under investigation,” said Safety Fire Commissioner Jim Beck. “The interior of the home suffered extensive damage from the blaze.”
Investigators with the Safety Fire Commissioner’s Office are assisting the Coffee County Fire Department and the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office with this investigation.
In 2019, Georgia fires have claimed the lives of 30 individuals.
Latest from Submitted
- South Georgia State College to host virtual town hall June 1
- Satilla Regional Library adds library content streaming service, hoopla digital
- Fitzgerald Family Eyecare welcomes Dr. Kenneth Shealy
- Strawberry lime smoothies, summer camp information
- Douglas man indicted in federal firearms, drugs operation Project Guardian