According to a story posted on WALB.com, a Coffee County man drowned in the Alapaha River Wednesday afternoon.
The story states that Derrick Colson, 40, of Nicholls, fell out of a boat while fishing and drowned. Colson was fishing around the bridge on Highway 319 at the Irwin and Tift county line when the accident happened. Irwin County authorities are investigating the incident.
The WALB report states that authorities suspect no foul play.
- Complaint against Irwin County Detention Center alleges poor COVID-19 protocols, non-consenual hysterectomies
- Dennis Perry released from Coffee Correctional Facility after murder conviction overturned
- Deputies find stolen truck in pond
- Nicholls prison leads state with 177 COVID-19 cases
- Nicholls Elementary named Reward School
Latest from Staff Reports
- Sheriff's office makes child molestation, family violence, drug arrests in separate investigations
- Jeff Davis authorities find drugs, guns, cash in separate investigations
- Officers arrest one, seek another in death of Alma man
- Dr. Steve Anderson jailed, released on bond following investigation
- GBI investigates shooting death of 15-year-old, juvenile arrested