According to a story posted on WALB.com, a Coffee County man drowned in the Alapaha River Wednesday afternoon.
The story states that Derrick Colson, 40, of Nicholls, fell out of a boat while fishing and drowned. Colson was fishing around the bridge on Highway 319 at the Irwin and Tift county line when the accident happened. Irwin County authorities are investigating the incident.
The WALB report states that authorities suspect no foul play.
- GBI Perry and Douglas offices investigating related shootings, armed carjacking
- Suspect in Ocilla fatal shooting allegedly steals car at gunpoint in Coffee County, flees
- Harvey Gainey, Nicholls native and businessman, has passed at 79
- Officers arrest alleged home burglars in the act
- Nicholls mayor's election headed to Nov. 30 run-off
Latest from Staff Reports
- Officers, firefighters battle storm to preserve American flag
- Douglas man arrested after allegedly stabbing girlfriend during argument
- DPD officers investigate Juanita Street homicide
- ADA Ian Sansot announces candidacy for District Attorney
- Two Douglas residents arrested on drug charges during Ocala, Fla., traffic stop