The District 5 county commission vacancy left by the passing of Charles “Scooter Bill” Deen will be filled with a special election, which will be held on Tuesday, June 18, 2019 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Qualifying will begin on Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 9 a.m. and remain open until Friday, May 17, 2019 at noon. The qualifying fee is $127.17.
Advance voting will take place from Tuesday, May 28, 2019 to Friday, June 14, 2019 at 5 p.m. at the elections office on 224 West Ashley Street in Douglas. Polls will be open on election day in Douglas, Broxton, Ambrose, and West Green. Only residents of District 5 may vote in the election.
For more information, contact the Coffee County Elections Office.
- Early voting still underway, over 1,000 ballots cast so far
- Feds sentence Broxton man on child pornography charges
- Chases, meth possession, and firearms charges top drug unit's operations in April
- Electric Studios selects Coffee County as location for latest film
- Joshua 'Ouu' McGinty sentenced to over 15 years, other Sandy Bottom defendants also sentenced
Latest from Robert Preston
- Baxley's Byron Buxton one home run off Major League lead
- Dewey Thomas “Butch” McDuffie, 72
- DPD officers make arrest after alleged home invasion, domestic dispute involving a shotgun
- Gov. Kemp signs constitutional carry bill into law
- Former college assistant and a Broxton native among new Coffee football coaches