The District 5 county commission vacancy left by the passing of Charles “Scooter Bill” Deen will be filled with a special election, which will be held on Tuesday, June 18, 2019 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Qualifying will begin on Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 9 a.m. and remain open until Friday, May 17, 2019 at noon. The qualifying fee is $127.17.
Advance voting will take place from Tuesday, May 28, 2019 to Friday, June 14, 2019 at 5 p.m. at the elections office on 224 West Ashley Street in Douglas. Polls will be open on election day in Douglas, Broxton, Ambrose, and West Green. Only residents of District 5 may vote in the election.
For more information, contact the Coffee County Elections Office.
- Security video captures theft by taking suspect
- Dollar General fire deemed arson, suspect arrested
- Escaped inmate from Carroll County captured near Broxton
- O'Steen, Holt headed for a run-off in District 5 county commission race
- Coffee County has received over five inches of rain and it's still falling
Latest from Robert Preston
- Ronnie Anderson withdraws from Ward 5 city commission election
- Plane belly lands at airport, no injuries reported
- Crop duster crashes in Atkinson County, pilot survives
- Lady Trojans advance after thrilling three-game upset in Augusta
- Wheeler Park revitalization plan released, Community Foundation receives first check for park project