Qualifying for the District 5 county commission race closed at noon Friday with four candidates entering the race: Ted O’Steen, Howard Holt, Hal McCallum, and Jenny McIver.
Three of the candidates – O’Steen, Holt, and McCallum – all made announcements on either their personal Facebook pages or Facebook pages they set up for their campaigns. DouglasNow.com was unable to find any such announcement from McIver. According to officials at the county elections office, she submitted her paperwork and paid the $127.17 qualifying fee Friday morning.
Advance voting will take place from Tuesday, May 28, 2019 to Friday, June 14, 2019 at 5 p.m. at the elections office on 224 West Ashley Street in Douglas. Polls will be open on election day in Douglas, Broxton, Ambrose, and West Green. Only residents of District 5 may vote in the election.
- Only 187 have voted in District 5 election, one more week of early voting
- County hears trash collection update, buys motor grader blades
- McCallum enters District 5 county commission race
- County to hold special election to fill District 5 county commission seat
- County approves work on new subdivision, approves purchase of four vehicles for CCSO
Latest from Robert Preston
- Victim in stable condition, suspect apprehended following Tuesday night shooting
- Grand Jury indicts city employee, two others on bribery charges
- Roscoe Allen indicted on aggravated assault charges
- Stingrays win state championship for fourth time in six years
- O'Steen wins District 5 county commission election