Qualifying for the District 5 county commission race closed at noon Friday with four candidates entering the race: Ted O’Steen, Howard Holt, Hal McCallum, and Jenny McIver.
Three of the candidates – O’Steen, Holt, and McCallum – all made announcements on either their personal Facebook pages or Facebook pages they set up for their campaigns. DouglasNow.com was unable to find any such announcement from McIver. According to officials at the county elections office, she submitted her paperwork and paid the $127.17 qualifying fee Friday morning.
Advance voting will take place from Tuesday, May 28, 2019 to Friday, June 14, 2019 at 5 p.m. at the elections office on 224 West Ashley Street in Douglas. Polls will be open on election day in Douglas, Broxton, Ambrose, and West Green. Only residents of District 5 may vote in the election.
- County buys fire truck in Texas, crashes on way back to Georgia
- County sells old Douglas Asphalt building, renames portion of Elmer Grantham Road
- Board of Elections accepts employee resignations, election office temporarily closed
- County closes portion of Cherokee Road, recognizes retirees
- Gov. Kemp appoints Jimmy Kitchens to serve on State Board of Community Supervision