Qualifying for the District 5 county commission race closed at noon Friday with four candidates entering the race: Ted O’Steen, Howard Holt, Hal McCallum, and Jenny McIver.
Three of the candidates – O’Steen, Holt, and McCallum – all made announcements on either their personal Facebook pages or Facebook pages they set up for their campaigns. DouglasNow.com was unable to find any such announcement from McIver. According to officials at the county elections office, she submitted her paperwork and paid the $127.17 qualifying fee Friday morning.
Advance voting will take place from Tuesday, May 28, 2019 to Friday, June 14, 2019 at 5 p.m. at the elections office on 224 West Ashley Street in Douglas. Polls will be open on election day in Douglas, Broxton, Ambrose, and West Green. Only residents of District 5 may vote in the election.
- County sells old Douglas Asphalt building, renames portion of Elmer Grantham Road
- Board of Elections accepts employee resignations, election office temporarily closed
- County closes portion of Cherokee Road, recognizes retirees
- Gov. Kemp appoints Jimmy Kitchens to serve on State Board of Community Supervision
- Donnie Graham, former county commissioner, passes at 77
Latest from Robert Preston
- Suspect in Ocilla fatal shooting allegedly steals car at gunpoint in Coffee County, flees
- Tyreek Hill plays against Pittsburgh, leads Kansas City in receiving
- Douglas man allegedly kills his son, injures another in Christmas Eve shooting
- Two former Trojans take the field in Division II national title game
- Jeff Davis deputies, DNR officers make multiple drug arrests