Qualifying for the District 5 county commission race closed at noon Friday with four candidates entering the race: Ted O’Steen, Howard Holt, Hal McCallum, and Jenny McIver.
Three of the candidates – O’Steen, Holt, and McCallum – all made announcements on either their personal Facebook pages or Facebook pages they set up for their campaigns. DouglasNow.com was unable to find any such announcement from McIver. According to officials at the county elections office, she submitted her paperwork and paid the $127.17 qualifying fee Friday morning.
Advance voting will take place from Tuesday, May 28, 2019 to Friday, June 14, 2019 at 5 p.m. at the elections office on 224 West Ashley Street in Douglas. Polls will be open on election day in Douglas, Broxton, Ambrose, and West Green. Only residents of District 5 may vote in the election.
- Jimmy Kitchens to run for re-election for county commissioner District 2
- Johnny Wayne Jowers to run for re-election for District 4 county commission seat
- David Clarke announces candidacy for District 4 county commission seat
- Only 187 have voted in District 5 election, one more week of early voting
- County hears trash collection update, buys motor grader blades
Latest from Robert Preston
- Wednesday shooting results in standoff, eventually ends with suspect in custody
- Brunswick High hires Douglas native as head baseball coach
- Douglas native owned home that Ahmaud Arbery was in just before being shot to death
- Driver in accident that claimed life of Sheila Hughes arrested
- Douglas native, CHS graduate named one of Georgia's top doctors for 2020