A Douglas woman suffered a gunshot wound on Memorial Day, allegedly at the hands of her husband.
According to a statement issued by the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office late Thursday morning, deputies responded to a report of a shooting at 3751 Sinkhole Road. When they arrived, they discovered that a female had been shot in the right arm and stomach area. The victim was transported via Air Evac to Macon where she was treated for her injuries. She is expected to survive.
Officers determined that a domestic dispute caused the shooting. Matthew Ryan Spivey was arrested and charged with aggravated assault (family violence) and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime. He is currently being held at the Coffee County Jail.
This was not the first time Spivey has been charged with assault under the Family Violence Act. In April, Spivey was arrested and charged with aggravated assault (family violence), simple battery (two counts), and third degree cruelty to children. The same victim was involved in both of these incidents. He was out on bond when Monday’s shooting occurred.
- Douglas woman hospitalized following domestic dispute in Montgomery County, husband arrested and jailed
- Douglas man arrested and charged after allegedly breaking into ex's home, hitting her while she slept
- Domestic dispute erupts after wife finds husband at mistress's home, husband arrested on aggravated assault charges
- Woman arrested after allegedly cutting husband with knife, released on bond
- Officers arrest 22-year-old in connection with September shooting in Baymeadows
Latest from Staff Reports
- Retired State Court Judge Bob Preston receives Liberty Bell Award
- Georgia lawmakers aim to take a bite out of retail sales of Delta-8 THC products statewide
- Samina Patel, junior at Georgia Tech, named one of 47 Brooke Owens Fellows
- Georgia GOP lawmaker pushes bill to protect ‘vital and precious’ Okefenokee from new mining proposals
- Alleged car thief leads officers on chase through Bacon, Coffee counties