On Tuesday, May 21, 2019, the Coffee County Drug Unit conducted a traffic stop on Walker Street after observing the driver of a black Mazda car had failed to maintain lane and made an improper turn.
During a vehicle search, officers discovered a quantity of methamphetamine as well as a digital scale and other drug related objects. The driver, John Allen Daniels, was charged with driving while license suspended or revoked, no insurance, possession of drug related objects and possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute. Daniels was booked into the Coffee County Jail.
- Douglas resident and cartel-connected illegal among those sentenced for drug trafficking
- Officers make numerous arrests on variety of charges
- GSP road check catches suspected drug dealers
- Nurse at jail one of three arrested on meth, marijuana charges
- Inmate sneaks meth into jail in 'bodily orifice,' two others sent to CRMC after swallowing the drug