Only 187 have voted in District 5 election, one more week of early voting
- Written by Robert Preston
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Only 187 residents of District 5 out of over 4,900 registered voters have cast ballots in the district’s special county commission election. There is one more week of early voting before the June 18 election day.
The special election is being held to fill the seat of the late Charles “Scooter Bill” Deen, who passed away earlier this year. Four candidates are vying for the seat: Howard Holt, Ted O’Steen, Hal McCallum, and Jenny McIver.
Polls are open for advance voting from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday of this week at the elections office located at 224 West Ashley Street. On election day, polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. in Douglas, Broxton, Ambrose, and West Green.
- Coffee County election security breach: An open letter to Coffee County voters
- Southern Georgia Regional Commission sees drop in unemployment rate
- Gov. Kemp appoints Jared Roberts as solicitor
- Suspected Coffee County drug dealers nabbed on I-75
- Nicholls man charged with aggravated stalking after allegedly violating TPO
Latest from Robert Preston
- Veterans, citizens observe Memorial Day at courthouse ceremony
- City commission approves special exception variance for group bringing in ALDI grocery store
- Completely Unchained brings Van Halen to the stage Saturday in Douglas
- Former Trojan headed to Junior College World Series with Andrew College Tigers
- On the death of the manual transmission and the loss of our connection to the world around us