Only 187 residents of District 5 out of over 4,900 registered voters have cast ballots in the district’s special county commission election. There is one more week of early voting before the June 18 election day.
The special election is being held to fill the seat of the late Charles “Scooter Bill” Deen, who passed away earlier this year. Four candidates are vying for the seat: Howard Holt, Ted O’Steen, Hal McCallum, and Jenny McIver.
Polls are open for advance voting from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday of this week at the elections office located at 224 West Ashley Street. On election day, polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. in Douglas, Broxton, Ambrose, and West Green.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Video: Truck overturns near Ambrose, blocks highway for several hours
- Bear -- yes, panther -- no
- Wednesday shooting results in standoff, eventually ends with suspect in custody
- Brunswick High hires Douglas native as head baseball coach
- Douglas native owned home that Ahmaud Arbery was in just before being shot to death