On June 20, 2019, officers from the Coffee County Drug Unit and a K-9 Unit stopped a vehicle on Highway 221 North at the 206 Connector. A Broxton police officer also stopped to assist.
During the stop, officers discovered that Dereck Shawn Porter, 21, of Douglas, had two counterfeit $100 bills. The bills looked very similar to the real thing. Porter was charged with two counts of forgery in the second degree. He was transported to the Coffee County Jail.
- Video: GMC Yukon fished out of creek on Highway 158 East
- Broxton PD officer fires at vehicle during chase, GBI investigating
- Detectives charge one with child molestation
- Jan. 3, 2000: Remembering Deputy Tub Merritt and Broxton PD Officer James Bryant
- Deputies still looking for Emmanuel Rojo, who fled Tuesday on foot off Willacoochee Highway