On June 14, 2019, detectives with the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office began an investigation into the theft of an ATV in the Green Acres community. This investigation resulted in the recovery of the ATV in a wooded area on the Old Axon Road. Two individuals were arrested in connection to this theft. The individuals are identified as Cody Smith of Douglas and Jeffery Hall of Pearson.
Additionally, another incident in the Green Acres community was reported where someone had attempted to enter a storage building causing damage to the lock on the building. Detectives determined that Smith and Hall were both involved in this incident as well. Both individuals have been charged with theft of a motor vehicle and criminal trespass and are currently incarcerated at the Coffee County Jail.
Latest from Submitted
- South Georgia State College to host virtual town hall June 1
- Satilla Regional Library adds library content streaming service, hoopla digital
- Fitzgerald Family Eyecare welcomes Dr. Kenneth Shealy
- Strawberry lime smoothies, summer camp information
- Douglas man indicted in federal firearms, drugs operation Project Guardian