Tuesday night, two individuals were shot at a residence on South Gaskin Avenue, according to the Douglas Police Department.
The shootings took place around 10 p.m. Both victims were transported to Coffee Regional Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries; each had been shot in the legs. One victim was treated and released. The other was treated then taken to the Ben Hill County Detention Center on an unrelated warrant through the Ben Hill County Sheriff’s Office.
The incident remains under investigation and no other details can be released. Detectives are following up on information and no other arrests have been made. If anyone has any information regarding this incident, please contact the Douglas Police Department Criminal Investigations Unit at (912) 382-2222 or the Tip Line at (912) 260-3600.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Crop duster crashes in Atkinson County, pilot survives
- Lady Trojans advance after thrilling three-game upset in Augusta
- Wheeler Park revitalization plan released, Community Foundation receives first check for park project
- Citizen complaints lead to drug arrest
- Tyreek Hill suffers injury in season opener, will be out several weeks