A crop duster crashed near Willacoochee Friday morning, injuring the pilot and leaving 231 residents without power.
According to witnesses, the plane clipped power lines near Talmadge McKinnon Road in Atkinson County, not far from Willacoochee. The plane tumbled to the earth, leaving debris in trees and across a large swath of ground. The pilot was taken to Coffee Regional Medical Center and then transported via Air-Evac to Savannah for further treatment. He suffered visible injuries but was stable.
As a result of the accident, 231 Satilla REA customers in the area don’t have power. There is no word as to when power will be restored. Authorities are investigating the crash. The pilot’s name has not been released.
- GBI investigates officer involved shooting in Atkinson County
- Plane belly lands at airport, no injuries reported
- Two bodies found in Berrien County, believed to be two of three missing individuals
- Willacoochee man killed in hit and run, suspect arrested
- McGovern's grand slam gives Lumberkings 5-3 win over Peoria Chiefs
Latest from Robert Preston
- SGSC on 'heightened alert,' on lookout for former employee
- TAD passes by huge margin, no changes on city commission
- GHSA releases region realignments, Coffee to drop to 5A
- Nugent pleads guilty, receives fine and probation
- Watson and Arnett win region cross country titles, CHS women finish first overall