Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
On Thursday, October 31, 2019, the GBI’s Douglas Regional Office received a request from the Atkinson County Sheriff’s Office to conduct an officer involved shooting investigation.
On Thursday, October 31, 2019, at approximately 5:15 p.m., Edward Roe, age 56, reported to the Atkinson County Sheriff’s Office. While in a restricted area inside the Sheriff’s Office, Roe obtained a firearm from an office and failed to comply when instructed by a deputy to put the firearm down. Roe and the deputy fired their firearms during the altercation, which resulted in Roe’s death.
No officers were injured in this incident.
The GBI will continue its independent investigation. Once complete, it will be turned over to the Atkinson County District Attorney’s Office for review. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the GBI Region 4 office at (912) 389-4103.
- Garrett pleads guilty, sentenced to probation
- Burke County man sentenced to federal prison for possession of child pornography
- GBI identifies 1988 Ware County Baby Jane Doe, arrests two in her death
- GBI identifies 'Baby Jane Doe,' makes arrest in her death 35 years later
- Suspect whom deputies shot while allegedly stealing a cargo trailer is out of hospital, in jail